Monday, November 21, 2011

"Uh-oh, uh-oh, trunky, trunky! Change it! NO one's going home for Christmas!"

Here is Joshua with his companion Elder Barrett
 and the two other Elders that share a pension with them.

And here's the little BBQ he mentioned in a previous post.
Hahaha if you're wondering about the title, it's just what my companion said when we were studying and "I'll Be Home for Christmas" popped up on our Christmas playlist. Haha you probably have to be a missionary to really appreciate how funny it was.  "Trunky" is what we call missionaries who are thinking about home instead of the work or counting down days or something like that. ;)
Well, we had changes this week.  "Changes" is when everybody gets their new orders for the next six weeks- where they're going to be serving, who their companion's going to be, etc. Our zone hardly got touched, so I'm happy to say Elder Mason, Elder Mahoni, Elder Barrett, and I will be spending the holidays together. We've found a lot of really good people in the past couple weeks that I have really high hopes for so I definitely didn't want to leave yet. Then again, change is really good, especially on the mission, and I would have been excited to see more of Chile and learn new streets and meet new people again. :)  It's all good.  Where the Lord needs me is where I need to work.
I'm getting really into the language and having a grand old time.  I think my only complaint is that I'd sure like to be able to take a break from proselyting and preaching when I'm sleeping!  I keep having these half-awake, half-asleep dreams where I'm teaching lessons and testifying in Spanish at like 1 in the morning. My companion's hoping it stops, too, because sometimes I have to wake him up to back me up and bear testimony of Jesus Christ. After all, I can't do it alone! ;) ....Anyways, it might be good practice for my Spanish, but it's definitely not helping my sleep. :P
By the way, I miss milk. REAL milk. I can't believe it's come to powdered milk. :( Saaaad face. And what's worse, I can't decide if it's a good thing or a bad thing that I'm USED to it now. :P My workouts every day have become increasingly more creative, too (water storage for weights, using furniture, etc.). Thus far I've been very pleasantly surprised to see how well we're able to stay fit and healthy. Of course, you have to work. We have plenty of elders who've decided it's just not worth the effort haha.
The work's going well. We had a few struggles with investigators this week hearing false information about our church from others. That makes me SO sad.
Special thanks to Kimi, Sister Krogh, Grandpa, Caroline, and Emily for writing me letters! I'll try to respond through my mom or a letter as soon as I can!  Anyway, that's it for now. Hope you're all doing great! :) I miss you all so much!
Keep the Faith!
-Elder Jones

No comments: